Sunday, September 6, 2015

I'm so cool they call me cool breeze

^^ I want to live in these apartments. They line every street of Carlton, Victoria.

^^ Um. The muffin man? HE LIVES IN AUSTRALIA.

The happenings as of late:

After a successful run of two interviews, one of the offices just called me and said "Ya so you're gonna start working here on Saturdays, mmk?" and my mind just exploded into fragments of disbelief. I had an interview this morning for a full time job, and she showed me around the office and was like "So when can you start tomorrow k see you then." and my mind couldn't explode because it had already done so previously, so I kind of just sat there in that moment and existed in this surreal time where I have two jobs all of a sudden.

I had to wake up at 5:30 this morning (DID YOU HEAR WHAT I SAID I SAID 5:30 AM TIME) in order to make the bus and train to take me to the city for the interview. Unfortunately the wind is so real here because there are exactly NO mountains, so I was waiting in a dress at the bus stop while my legs were bombarded by high force winds of at least 567 miles per hour.

I made it to the train stop even though the darn bus was 5 minutes late (the bus driver was also talking to himself, but I couldn't understand him so I couldn't make fun of him so I think I should get a refund or a ticket to a concert or something) and had to race my transparently white and freezing legs to the train before it left me behind. I also had to switch trains halfway through in order to make it to the correct station. Then I ended up walking around in a big square trying to figure out WHERE NORTH WAS so I could find the tram, which ended up being exactly to the left of where I'd originally come out from.

AUSTRALIA YOU NEED MOUNTAINS SERIOUSLY I AM BEING SERIOUS.

I made it to the interview just in the nick of time (Totally kidding. I was there at least 40 minutes early.) and sat in a waiting room that was just outside of the actual office. Well. The receptionist at the front desk came out like 30 minutes later and told me he could see me in the camera (Leave it to me to sit EXACTLY in front of the security camera) just sitting there for a while and figured I was Madeline, so he offered to go get Bella, the lady I was here to see. Ha. Haha.

So Bella showed me around and then Bella told me I was going to work there. And then I hugged Bella and then we went shopping. AHAHAHA. No. Everything is true except the hugging and the shopping part.

I decided to treat muhself to something since I didn't have any money but would soon, and made my way down to Elizabeth Street, the general shopping/food hub. While walking by H&M I had the pleasure of hearing a street artist (whose favorite color is obviously brown because literally every item of clothing he was wearing was brown) play the didgeridoo. Wow I must be in Australia or something.

Also. I walked through Cotton On and after browsing the women's section and deciding the clothes bored me, I bought two mens t-shirts. Also. I overheard the employee's talking about what they brought for lunch and one guy was like "Sauteed shrimp." As if, like, everyone just brings sauteed shrimp to work for lunch. HOW MUCH ARE YOU BEING PAID I BRING GRANOLA BARS AND SOMETIMES WATER.

Anyways. It was a great day. And now I get to spend the rest of my day reading a book and eating leftover apple pie. Yaasss.

MP  

No comments:

Post a Comment