Monday, September 21, 2015

The Great Ocean Road















^^ I didn't post all of these on instagram ... but pretty much I did.

I love the beach. I love the beach. Every view was breathtaking, every crashing wave was better than the next. I could hardly take in the majesty of it all. 

As soon as I had sight of the ocean, my heart was instantly jolted back to life. It has been a painful two months (TWO MONTHS DOWN GUYS) and this was the healing I was looking for. I suppose it was still chilly (but pleez it's September and I was in a t-shirt on the beach) but we disregarded all logical and ran for the waves. I was wearing jeans but could care less that I was soaked up to my knees. There are much worse things. 

We drove up The Great Ocean Road only about 5ish hours, but stopped frequently and stretched our stay from Saturday morning to Monday afternoon. Every beach we stopped at I swore my love to, and then we'd move to the next beach and I'd have to re-cast my vote. But. For as far as we went, I've settled on Apollo Bay.

To be only an hour from the ocean is such a luxury compared to the 10 hours it was back home. So I'm trying my best to coax Mom and Dad into an ocean trip every Saturday. Because listen. When are we ever going to be this close to a beach ever again? Never. Plus, my homesickness is much at ease when I'm prancing through cold ocean waves. And that's exactly what I need to push me through the next months.

Fear has set in as I realize it's been over 3 months since I've touched a piano, the longest, I believe, I've ever gone since I started playing. I've started listening to my favorite songs I used to play, in hopes that my brain will pick out the correct notes and set them back in my fingers where they were before.

I'm hitting my 200 day mark this Thursday. For all you haterz who deem me over zealous, I'm grabbing at any whole number that means I'm closer to home. 200 just happens to fall into that category.

MP

No comments:

Post a Comment