Friday, October 16, 2015

Every day I don't wake up dead is seriously a miracle.


The creative juices aren't flowin' right now. I worry my words will be disappointingly dull.

In other news, I did in fact go rock climbing. After refusing fear I strapped myself in and stared up (like UP) at the rock wall, ready to conquer all things high. (Also I had already paid 30 dollars to get in so yeah I was gonna have to do this.) The higher I got, the stronger the scent of sweaty, middle aged men and some sort of animal urine? became. (Yes I'm quite positive the smell was distinctly that of middle aged men and the slight urine smell was, indeed, similar to that of an animals.)  I'm not quite sure how tall the rock wall was, but I'm gonna go ahead and guess about 5700 feet? Roughly? Yeah.

In more other news, I've found a total of three spiders on my bed now. WHAT IN THE WORLD WHAT IS THIS ... WHAT. I've conceded to the will of the country to destroy me, and every night I fear my life will be taken from me by the fangs of some terrible creepy crawler. (I suppose I should mention that said spiders are quite small. BUT THEY ARE FREQUENT AND RESIDE ON MY BED NONETHELESS.) Help. Also. There's been an influx of deadly snakes in Point Cook, my town, and surrounding areas. Because October is too warm? Honestly, what I am supposed to do about that? JUST STAY IN YOUR HOLES SNAKES I'M SORRY IT'S A LITTLE HOT OK? This country makes me weary.

Today on the train ride home, there was a girl sitting in front of me who managed to chatter away the full 40 minutes home on a phone call. It was frustrating because I occupy myself with a book and I always find myself in the train car seated exactly next to the old man who talks to himself, or the teenage boy who SMACKS HIS GUM OH MAY THE HEAVENS HAVE MERCY ON HIS SOUL PLEASE DON'T LET ME MAIM THIS BOY, or, of course, the chatty Cathys who speak so loudly into their phones you'd think the person on the other end is either deaf or will soon become so. I only wish there was a way she could reserve those conversations for more personal settings. Like inside houses, or cars, or bed rooms. OH WAIT THERE IS. I wanted to salmon slap her but I didn't have any salmon.

I ate two pieces of cake, a brownie, and two pumpkin chocolate chip cookies today. As well as a hearty list of other foods. I am killin' it.

MP

No comments:

Post a Comment