Thursday, November 5, 2015

In the past 24 hours I've slept more sitting up than lying down

^^ I(genius)mpluse buy.

^^ This. This is a Raspberry White Choc (because they abbreviate random words here) Waffle. And it is the most divine mass of food I've ever had the pleasure of devouring. 

^^ After I realized I was expected to wear a costume to a YSA activity, I stole my sisters costume and joined in the ranks of all American girls everywhere claiming to be Greek Goddesses. Obviously I was the best. White sheets for the win.

^^ Frolicking and prancing through the waves in Bunbury. Perth is so much better than Melbourne. Srsly.

^^ 5 MORE MONTHS UNTIL I COME HOME YAY.

^^ I climbed a 170 foot tall tree. Can you believe it? Me neither. DEEP BREATHS WERE TAKEN.

^^ Our victory faces.

^^ Just our faces.

^^ Ask me how long I uncomfortably stood on pointy rocks to get a semi-decent picture? SO MUCH TOO MANY.

^^ Isn't it magnificent? Don't you want to stare at it forever and always? Me too.

^^ OH MY GOSH THIS IS REAL LIFE I AM NOT JOKING.

^^ Have you ever found a mirror in the middle of the woods? We did.

The following are not a compilation of thoughts that relate to each other or present themselves in an organized manner.

When I hear the question, "Do you have any hobbies?" asked, I always wonder if anyone has ever answered no. Like ... "Not really ... I just ... breathe."

I had a conversation with a coworker the other day regarding our difference in opinions about how much we believe should be spent on a wedding. I voted for the "let us not spend our life's savings on food for other people that we don't actually like?" and she voted "20,000 dollars". I asked what in the world she was expecting to spend 20,000 dollars on. Seriously, I think you have to find extra things to purchase in order to spend that much money on a wedding. She said, "Well, first, I want to get married in a church." ... Ok so that'll cost you, what, a couple bucks? A prayer? Are people burning money at weddings? Is there something I don't know? WHERE IS THIS 20,000 DOLLARS GOING BECAUSE I COULD TOTALLY USE IT FOR SOMETHING MORE EFFICIENT.

The other day my mom was going over the events of the day and noted that Henry had received a free balloon at a store during their errands. I then decided that adults do not receive enough free balloons. I also recognized that adults, in fact, do not receive any free balloons. ADULTHOOD IS A SCAM. Honestly I don't get paid enough to get out of bed. I don't even get paid to get out of bed. This should be changed. Should I run for president? Everyone else is.

PSA: If you are a male over 20 years of age who still wears slip on dress shoes, that should not be a thing you are still currently doing. I would advise you either to reconsider your age or your choice in footwear.

When I see all these ridiculous adds with ladies showing off their toned abs, lookin' all fake and not fat in bikinis, with captions like "Do you really want that cookie?" I WANT TO SCREAM AND THROW TOOTHPICKS AT THEM AND SAY YES I REALLY DO. Healthy bodies taste like kale and rabbit food. Cookies taste like heaven and cookies. Let's just name a few things that are better than healthy food:
- Cookies
- Hamburgers
- All fries anywhere
- Chocolate with caramel in the middle
- Chocolate
- Caramel
- Cookies
- Air that is saturated with the smells of anything fried
- Warm cookies
- Cold cookies
- Cement

All I've ever wanted to do since about 19 days ago is watch 101 Dalmatians. The animated version, duh. A little girl picked it to watch while she was getting her teeth cleaned at my office, and I had a hard time focusing on sucking the spit out of her mouth while the movie was playing. Why should she be the only one to enjoy the movie? I have control of this spit sucker, now LET ME WATCH TOO. I DON'T WANT TO GROW UP I WANT TO BE A TOYS R US KID.

I will briefly tell you about Perth, since there is no possible way to convey the beauty and love and wonder that I feel for that place. Perth is everything I expected Australia to be. Warm, blue, sunny skies. BLUE WATER THE WATER WAS ROYAL BLUE. Dreamy beaches. I spotted 5 kangaroos bounding across the road. And endless roads lined with tall trees and red dirt and beautifully rolling green hills spotted with cows. Which reminds me. I need one. A cow. I really wish they were more cuddly because I would love to keep one.

That's all. It's November and I'm trying to stop myself from believing my departure date to home is close. It's still far, but it's near. And I can feel it. And I need a cow.

MP

No comments:

Post a Comment