Thursday, March 24, 2016

Ewlewrew

I cannot sleep. So I thought this would be a perfect time to update my blog with all the adventures I failed to account for.

First off is Ayers Rock, or Uluru. The center of the center of the center of Australia. It really is just a giant land mass in the middle of Australia that people pay good money to come and see from all over the world. (Tons of asians, guys. Heaps.)


^^ We drove a lot. Hard to find a solid sleeping position. Obvi.

^^ The colors were just amazing. It reminded me of Southern Utah which is probably why I loved it so much.

^^ You can see the red sand reflecting onto the clouds. 

^^ Isn't is GORGEOUS!?


^^ This was Kings Canyon. Off a ledge. That would've dropped me a solid one million feet down if someone would've nudged me.

The trip included my dad and all the girls (minus Jo). We spent Wednesday driving around and getting sunburned, then Thursday hiking around Kings Canyon. The views were absolutely wonderful and I just loved the Southern Utah feel. I miss home. Can you tell?

Friday we walked around the rock. The giant rock we all payed to come see. It was a loooong walk. A couple hours? The walk was about 6 miles around. AND THE FLIES. Gosh. Those damn flies were relentless. In your ears, your nose, your eyes, everywhere all the time never ceasing. It really put a damper on the walk (that and we were all pretty fatigued from our go-go-go mentality the whole trip) but we made it around the rock nonetheless and now can say we have seen it. 

Unfortunately it was overcast for the majority of the time we were there, but it only drizzled rain a few times, and we were lucky to not suffer from awful sunburns. (Which I can promise I would've gotten.)

It was a great excuse to get away and visit the center of Australia. Till we meet again. (Probs never.)

-m

No comments:

Post a Comment