Sunday, August 9, 2015

I wake up at 7:00am everyday HAHACOOL

^^ Afrian safari, yeah?

^^ I walked around Ikea in fake leather, metallic silver shoes. Bad Maddie.

^^ A friendship candle from my lovely friend Becca. We both have one to smell and smile at when I miss home (and her, duh) and she misses me. Because I know she does.

^^ We srsly have nothing to do all day. Please, a job.

^^ Belated picture from when we spent our 8 hour layover in Sydney. Bleheheh.

Hello all. We’re still in Australia.

Slowly but surely, we’ve accumulated basic (and I mean basic) needs to fill our home. Coming soon … a washer and dryer. I hope.

As for Australian wildlife, I’ve only heard and not yet seen. The two types of birds I’ve been able to identify are those that make the most interesting noises. One sounds like its got a squeaky toy stuck in its throat that it’s attempting to forever dislodge, and the other sounds like it’s just received a “one-up” or “extra life” from a video game. And they grace us with their unique chirps at all hours of the day.

Also in the department of Australian wildlife, every field, small yard, grassy area for lease, and tree makes you feel as if you’re on a never ending African Safari. I praise the heavens everyday I don’t see a spider. Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou.

Still wandering around in the department of Australian wildlife, our home still has no wifi (cry me a river) (with wifi) so I'm currently posting from the comfort of a small mall and there is a bird on the table next to me. Really. Talk about the outback.

Maybe it’s the jet lag, maybe it’s the fact that we have nothing better to do than sleep, but we all willingly get to bed at 8:00pm. EIGHT IN THE NIGHT TIME GUYS. That’s practically the afternoon. So. This results in early mornings. Early mornings meaning 7:00am sharp. BAM. Eyes open. Ready to seize the freaking day. Except that we’ve still got nothing to do. So after we’ve eaten breakfast, cleaned the house, made some pie, organized our toothpaste, unorganized and then REorganzied the toothpaste, saved the world, had three kids, sent them all to college, and bought a litter of kittens, it’s only 10:30am and we’re all going mad.

Example A, a direct quote from Karly, “We can find out what really happens when you stick a fork in the toaster!”

Heaven help us.

There are brighter days ahead of us though, as we hide all appliances from Karly and as I hand out resumes to any and all dental offices in sight. I do have a pepto bismol pink colored towel and spent 30 minutes this morning taking pictures of my sunglasses. So really, I clearly need to get seven hundred new hobbies stat life’s not too bad.

Pray for us, we, me, all.
I miss you guys.

MP

P.S. For any of you who may be trying to reach me (for what reason I know not because I cannot help you I’m across the country for crying out loud) I did get a new number. So if you must have it, find a different way to get a hold of me and I’ll gift it to you after you’ve answered a series of personal questions only Madeline-lovers would know. All of this only applies if I like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment