Monday, August 31, 2015

I'll just imagine dragons.



Pictures from the all too fantastic, everthing-I-never-knew-I-wanted, mind blowingly magnificent Imagine Dragons concert I went to in Salt Lake. 

AND I GET TO GO AGAIN. TO ANOTHER ONE. RIGHT HERE. IN AUSTRALIA. IN MELBOURNE. WHAT.

August has been tough on my emotions. Real tough. Thankfully, I get to start out September with a blessed Dragons concert that will hopefully keep me on cloud nine for a lengthy amount of time ever. I'm also super excited to have an actual activity to attend. I've got absolute nothing to do, kids. 

I had a migraine today, which was sickeningly exciting. An awful predicament, but in a way, it was something to do. I had some sort of obligation. Then it ended.

Next, a thought I feel I should make available to the public eye:

If I scour and search for a dental job and am unsuccessful, I'll have to come home in December. I need to finish up 150 hours worth of experience in an office in order to get an official certificate stating I've finished the course. And that needs to be done by April or ... no dice. My only option at that point, without the required hours, would be to take the course all over again. 

NO FR*AKING WAY MAN.

Plus, interning and job shadowing is not something popular here. They just hire you or they don't. So I've omitted the whole "I'll work for free part" (idiots) and just begged and pleaded for jobs from 30 some odd dental offices. Of course, as all dental places are, they want only long term employees. Which is reasonable BUT I MEAN COME ON. I could lie and say I'd be here forever and then just decide to quit. How would you know the difference? Why am I such a good person.

So, with that idea simmering in my mind, it makes it easier to consider I may only have 4 months left here rather than 8. It's only been a month, I know, homesickness is still fresh in my heart, but I'm convinced the reason I was supposed to come here was so I could learn to appreciate Provo, since I had a tendency to complain about being imprisoned there for so long and wished to drive away to any other place. Well ... TAKE ME BACK PROVO I AM SO SORRY I LOVE YOU SO DEARLY I CAN'T EVEN CONVEY THE MOUNTAINS OF AFFECTION THAT I HAVE FOR YOU.

At the same time I have a very real fear that if I came home earlier than anticipated, some may not be entirely happy to see me before my time was up. And I'd like to be welcomed home with happy tears and open arms, ya feel?

But Maddie, what about money? If you don't have a job there, and no savings, how are you going to come home and exist? You know? Since your family's still a whole country away? Have you thought about that? 

HAHAHAHAHA

K see ya.

MP

No comments:

Post a Comment